Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Final Blog.

I feel like this course has helped me develop different skills in writing that will help me prepare for future writing classes, and other writing in my lifetime. This class has taught me a lot using the grammar tutorials and fun ways to find creative writing through stumble upon and blogger. I think That using blogger was a great way to develop these new writing tactics, from being a part of the 21st century. I think that if this class was an actual writing class with pen and paper writing assignments that it wouldn't have been as beneficial to myself. I like the way that this class has adapted to our generation and used technology to develop skills while we could have fun doing so.
One specific thing that I have never been the best at in writing is probably spelling, and proper grammar. Thanks to spell check I didn't have this problem with this course because it was on a computer. In this class the grammar lessons we had to complete were an easy way to quickly understand and be able to apply it in our next blogs. Using blogs that we previously created we were able to correct them seeing where we made mistakes and be prepared to apply it to our future blogs. I liked being able to complete these grammar blogs, because we could pick and choose what lessons we thought we needed help with. I chose lessons that I wasn't familiar with and learned different ways to make my writing better. Although sometimes I completed the lessons I found that I didn't make the mistake in my blogs that I needed to correct.
The thing that I'm most proud of creating in intro to writing is my mid term Prezi project. I liked this project because It gave me the opportunity to tell someone my story that i've struggled with for a short, but devastating time of my life. Although I had some technical difficulties in the Prezi software, I had the chance to do a lengthy and full process of me writing "The Blessing in Disguise. This project was a lot of work for me, but I didn't have a shorter version that could cover everything that I have been through. One thing I could have done better in is rereading my blogs. After rereading some of them I saw that I made some mistakes that I shouldn't have made. I think that most of these mistakes were made by distractions in class, or typing errors because I'm always too focused on typing fast and not efficiently. 
As a whole I think that this class has been very beneficial to me. I enjoyed the way that the class is very laid back and we are giving assignments with a specific due dates. This class may not have been teacher instructive, but the way that it was set up using blogger and Saki I found was perfect. This class can either be a pass fail course, I found that some of my class mates got distracted with other internet sites and social networks.   
My final thoughts of this class is that it was a great learning process and I liked the way it was set up. The only thing that I was confused about was the way things were graded. Other than that I am glad to be a part of Intro to writing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment