Thursday, November 3, 2011

BLINK 182!



BLINK 182 is my favorite band. I've been listening to their music for as long as I can remember, and I still love their older music. Their album they currently just released "Neighborhoods" is what I've been currently been listening to the most. The Majority of their songs I can relate to myself, or they are just really good and funny. The band consists of three members, Travis Barker (drummer), Tom DeLong (vocalist/guitarist), and Mark Hoppis (vocalist/bass guitarist). Travis Barker is my favorite in the band because I love percussion, and Travis is the best drummer in the world. Although these three musicians are very talented the bad started in 1992 and broke up in 2005 from not getting along. All three of them separated creating their own bands such as "+44+, "Angles & Airwaves", and "Box Car Racer." I was very upset when the band broke up, because it was all I would ever listen to. Eventually the bad got back together by fate. In 2008 Travis barker was on a plane when it all of a sudden crashed in South Carolina due to technical difficulties. Mark and Tom heard about the awful news and decided to visit Travis in the hospital. When Travis recovered the visit at the hospital turned into a reunion. Things fell into place and the band eventually got back together. After they got back together they started to collaborate and develop new music and planed world tours. This September I was given the chance to see them in concert in Charlotte, North Carolina. Not only did I just see them in concert, I was in the front row right against the stage. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to and it was the most fun I've had in a while. At the concert they played songs that were off there new album that wasn't released at the time. It was great to see my favorite bad in concert and so up close. I cried a little and sang my guts out at the concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment