Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NCTE Defines Writing





After reading "NCTE Defines Writing for the Twenty-First Century" I thought they made some very good points about our generations' style of writing, mixing it up between social medias, and formal writing. They had great suggestions on how to better our generations poor writing skills and ways to improve upcoming generations. I found this article to be very repetitive and high hoped. After reading many blogs and articles with the same topic including how our generation's writing is poor I didn't find this article very entertaining. I believe that our generation is part of the future and technology can only improve from here. The article mentions that we need to develop a more public style of writing, but I personally thing that the authors writing articles and books on this topic are out dated. Our generation, I see as "short minded." We use different acronyms to shorten sentences to get our points across. We are already used to this style of writing and we are using it everywhere, why change it? Everything is going digital, so instead of changing our styles lets change/ improve our writing software. We use spellcheck "red underline", and suggested changes "green underline." My biggest question to this author is why this topic? Although we may not be using the "old writing style." Time has changed and I think that these authors need to get out of the past of what writing styles used to be and what they're evolving to.

No comments:

Post a Comment