Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Attendance

Throughout my life I have attended everything and anything possible. I guess I could thank
my parents for that because, well I didn’t have much of a choice of where we were going or what we were going to do. My parents want me to experience the most I can in life. If I say “no” they will say “yes let’s go”, so I go. If it was up to me I most likely wouldn’t have experienced half of the things I have done in my life thus far.

In elementary and middle school I used to brag to everyone that I’ve been from Hawaii, to Alaska twice, I’ve visited the entire east coast, Canada, and even had my birthday in Price Edward Island, and at a luau in Muai. Everyone would be so amazed. I also could tell many people that I’ve done various different types of sports and courageous events. I’ve done anything from gymnastics to parasailing and triathlons. If it wasn’t for my parents I wouldn’t be where I am today. The break of my leg set me back to zero. If all I experienced or knew hot to do was play soccer. Then I wouldn’t be playing any sports. In facet I don’t know what I would be doing with my life!

If I never competed and attended in the triathlons I did on a mountain bike I would never have known that I really wanted a road bike. In my sophomore year of high school I would have never had a conversation with my biology teacher of how I really wanted a road bike. My teacher told me that her husband was a domestic professional and he might have a bike just laying around for me. Without this talk I would not have found my loving passion for cycling. 

I didn’t spend my time playing useless video games, I spent it training and thinking of how someday I wish to be the best cyclist of my time. I think that if I want it bad enough that I can achieve my dream. This all can’t have happen though if I didn’t have parents that made me attend everything I could in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment