Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Break!




Fall break for me was kicked off by a 13 hour drive! My friend Iggy and I left Banner Elk, NC around 12:30. Having a friend in the car helped pass time better because It's a lot different than riding with your parents with them wanting them to talk to you for the whole time, instead of rocking out to music and making the car ride more enjoyable. Iggy was headed to Pennsylvania to his girlfriends house, and I was headed to exit 85B to Annesville, where I would meet my parents to take me the rest of my way home to Mexico, Ny. When we were almost to our exit I called my parents to ask them how far away they were, they said they are about an hour behind due to traffic. Iggy dropped me off at this restaurant called "Funks Restaurant". I ate dinner there and waited for about an hour and a half for my parents. After meeting my parents we took off and had another five hours to go until we got home.

While I was home I got to meet up with some of my close friends that go to Oswego State College, which is a college close to my home. They showed me their dorm and we ate at Fajita Grill which is my favorite  mexican restaurant ever. I also met this girl Tess, she's a pretty cool girl and we hung out a little bit through out break. We went to a hockey game, which is my second favorite sport. One of my best friends Brian Smith was also on fall break, so we hung out a lot and did the normal best friends type of things, such as walking the break wall on lake Ontario and eating at Cold Stone Creamery at one in the morning.
Being with my parents was entertaining, because I haven't seen them in a while. Normally my parents and I are close, but I got annoyed with them after a while. Now that I've been away for a while I find that it's harder to get annoyed with them and instead we had more fun.
The only bad part about my fall break, was that I had many doctor appointments because I haven't been feeling too well for about a month. After many tests the doctors figured out what was wrong and I'm feeling much better now.

After a short week of being home it was time to leave back to school again. I said goodbye to my friends, and I had another long ride ahead of me. I met Iggy at the same place and took off back to Banner Elk. This time we were driving in the dark and I think it made it seem like a much longer ride. We returned back to school around 9:30 and it felt great to get out of the car and stretch my legs. It also felt nice to unpack my stuff into my new single. Hopefully now with out a dirty roommate I can stay more healthy and not have to worry about getting sick again.

Over all I'd say that my small "vacation" back home was great, but I don't think I'm excited to go back in December because there will be a lot of snow! And maybe next year I'll plan a head so I can be back in time for the Wooly Worm Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment