Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Track Cycling Expierence.



Last Wednesday the Lees-McRae track cycling team traveled to Asheville North Carolina for our first practice on a track. This was my first time ever riding a fixed gear bike and the first time on a track. Riding a fixed gear took some getting used to and the fact of not having any breaks on the bike took some getting used to as well. The practice was intense doing intervals of sprinting around the track and long efforts riding close to my teammates. After learning the tactics about the track and tips and courtesy to other track riders I'm looking forward to traveling to Atlanta Georgia for a three day track camp where we will race and discover who will be on the 2011 track national team. My goal as a freshman is to do well in Atlanta and hopefully make the 2011 National team.  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that the cyclists competed in so many types of competitions. I'm glad to have learned something new about the cycling team, and I wish you luck in all your competitions.

    ReplyDelete